Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolutions and randomness

I have several resolutions this year.
1.  Blog more.  I am a sorry excuse for a blogger/memory keeper for our family.
2.  Be more purposeful in friendships.  Call a person when I think of them rather than put it off and it never happens.  Or host a family for dinner.  It is not inconvenient, it is a blessing to both!
3.  Be with the boys when I am with them.  Half the time I sit with my laptop or a magazine on my lap as we play.  I have not been "all in".  That is changing today!
So, if you know me, hold me accountable!!!

Now, on to randomness....
Quiet.
Yesterday, BigBoy and Curly started back to school.  I know that Curly is only 2 days a week, but it was still a quiet day for me and BooBear.  In fact, it was so quiet that BooBear slept until 9:30!!!  He has not done that ever.  I just sat on the couch watching the T0day show and caught up on a few blogs I read.  It was heaven!!!
BigBoy's new Leg0 set-up.  In my formal dining room. At least it is finally getting consistent use.

Haircuts.
Monday, I took the boys to get haircuts.  It was a last minute appointment but BigBoy was looking SO shaggy so it had to be done.  BigBoy went first and Curly sat in the next chair over and played his Leap*ster.  BigBoy finished and went off to watch cart00ns.  Curly was up next and did awesome.  (There was a huge mess of curls on the floor when he finished though!)  BooBear and I sat in the next chair and watched Curly.  When he was done, I walked him over to watch cartoons while I paid.  When I came back, BooBear had climbed up into the chair and sat swinging his feet waiting for his turn.  So CUTE!!!  She combed his hair for him (he does NOT need a haircut yet.  His hair is just starting to come in.) so he felt like he had the same treatment.  He happily climbed down and went off to get his sucker and watch cartoons with the other 2 boys.
BigBoy looks several years older and Curly is so much less shaggy now!

I think that this was our best outing we have had in months.  Nobody had to be threatened or even corrected.  The boys used their manners, were good conversationalists and didn't complain about getting haircuts.  I could not believe it.  We have had some very rough weeks around our house and it was so refreshing to know that some of what we are working on is soaking in and we are making progress.

Running.  (Yes, I titled this post randomness for a reason.  It is all over the place!)
I am considering running another half-marathon in late March.  I know that I swore up and down I would not do it again after my last.  But, I am starting the training and will see how my knees feel.  If I need to stop running so much, I will.  I am a few weeks into training.  Yesterday I did a 3-mile run on the treadmill.  Headed back in a little bit (after BooBear wakes up - 8:15 and he is still sleeping!) to do another 2-3 miles.

Ok, I could go on, but I must get this laptop off my lap and spend some quiet time with Curly.

1 comment:

  1. I could easily post the same resolutions. One of the hardest things as a mom is to train yourself to be all there. I also want to blog more.

    Your boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete