Monday, November 22, 2010

So busy!

I can't believe that it has been 2 1/2 weeks since I posted. 
Life has been hectic.  Brutal in some ways and great in others.
Three busy, active boys means a lot of real life happens - school, homework, laundry (oh, the laundry!), chores, redirecting, running out energy (theirs, not mine), crafts, learning, reading, helping, time-outs (theirs and occasionally mine).
I often think of things that I want to write on the blog.  But, it so rarely happens.
I try to stay in the moment and take it all in.
Many people tell me that I will miss these days. 
I know that I will but there are some aspects that I know I will not miss.  Dealing with the bad attitudes and dirty diapers, learning to control impulses and back-talking.  All of that I will not miss.

I am sitting on the back porch (by the way, what is up with 80 degrees 3 days before Thanksgiving?  Crazy weather this year!) watching the boys play in the back yard.  Curly just had a few minute time-out on the steps for throwing dirt on BooBear.  Then, he got an extra few minutes for sticking his tongue out at me.  Oh yes, he did.  Never thought I would have to deal with aggression issues in a 3-year old.  BooBear is walking around yelling "buh-bah.... buh-bah.... buh-bah" as loud as he can.  Great moments!

I am behind on my Project Life album.  I am way behind on laundry.  I am behind on my house-cleaning schedule.  I don't feel like I can go in and leave the boys outside by themselves.  BooBear is not old enough yet.  So, I am forced to sit and take in the moments. 
Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.  I would rather sit here and watch.  I am truly enjoying sitting here with my laptop typing out my thoughts.  It beats sitting here just thinking about all the things I need to be getting done.  Dinner, laundry, vacuuming, bathrooms (ugh, do you know just how disgusting bathrooms get with 4 boys in the house???) , dusting, Christmas shopping, grocery shopping. 
---------------------------------------------
BigBoy came in this morning as I was sorting Leg0s for him.  He told me that he had started building a castle but it caught fire and the people were afraid that the Empire would fall. 
Yeah, he's 5.  Where does he get this stuff?
He also told us this morning that he knows English and then proceeded to sing a song in Spanish. 
Not sure what to make of that.

-----------------------------------------------
The boys are all home from school this week.  I love that we don't have to rush around in the mornings.  I love that we get to have a little lazy time as a family.  I love that we get to sit on the porch this afternoon and not worry about what tomorrow's schedule holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment