Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer craziness

I never understood when other blogs I read regularly would either take a break for summer or go for weeks at a time without an update.  I mean really, how hard is it to type a few words about the day or your kids?

Yeah, I am figuring it out.  Three kids keep me running in more than 3 directions at a time.  How does that happen?

For example, last week, BigBoy had swim team practice (for the last time until after school starts, thank goodness!!!) on Tuesday and Thursday from 8-8:45.  Then, he had leg0 camp from 9-12 Monday through Friday.  So, we had to hustle to get him changed, check the other 2 out of childcare, rush everyone in the car, 30 minute drive up the tollway to get to camp, all 3 out of the car, walk 10 feet inside the building to his class (can't leave them in the car, of course), 2 back out to the car, 30 minute drive home (usually with BooBear screaming the whole way because he is tired), home for babe's nap, 2 back in the car for 30 minute drive, 2 out of the car, into the building 5 feet to his 2nd classroom to pick him up, see the day's project, pics/video (when I actually remember the camera), 3 kids through the parking lot, back in the car, 30 minutes home (again with BooBear screaming because he is hungry), lunch, naps for the 2 littles, snacks, swimsuit for Curly, 3 into the car, to the gym (again), 2 to childcare, Curly to swim (if it has not been canceled after we get there due to thunder/lightening), get BigBoy and let him swim for a little while, into dry clothes, pick up BooBear from childcare, 3 kids through parking lot and into carseats, home, dinner, showers, B-E-D.......

I know it sounds ridiculous to complain about spending time at the pool but come on... the effort it takes to get all the boys there, in suits, with sunscreen (assuming I remember to bring it!) and goggles, swim a while, get them changed back to dry clothes and get home.... well, it makes me really tired just thinking about it.

But, I don't think I would have it any other way.  It wears us all 4 out and ensures easier bedtimes for the boys and me!  Ha!!

BigBoy starts Kinder in 3 weeks.  I will miss him (and so will Curly) when he is gone all day.  But, I am really looking forward to quieter, calmer days soon!!!!

Oh, and fall.  When I heard someone on the news this afternoon say that the temp had dropped to 103 degrees.... there is something SO wrong about that statement!

Here's to another busy week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment