Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Nennie

Today is my sweet grandmother's 89th birthday.
89.  Eighty-nine.  That is a lot of years. 
I sometimes forget all the things that have changed in her lifetime.
All the things she has seen.  Wars, depression, segregation, fall of leaders, fall of countries, so many inventions - too many to even think about, births, deaths.

She has 3 kids, 9 grandkids (by birth... a lot more married in!), 11 great-grandkids (and one married in) and 2 great-great grandkids.  Almost the entire gathered on Saturday to celebrate her. 
5 generations.  33 family members.  All here because of 1 sweet lady!
There is so much that I could say about her.  But, I will keep it short and sweet.
She is the matriarch, our family's prayer warrior, the one person that holds us all together.
Strong.  Stubborn (I get it honestly!).  Precious!

Happy 89th Birthday, Nennie!

No comments:

Post a Comment